The course aims to educate and support women and their birthing companions so they may experience a positive, calm and comfortable birth. Hypnobirthing teaches mothers and their birthing companions proven techniques to use antenatally, postnatally and during birth. These techniques if regularly practiced can reduce or eliminate the need for drugs or intervention and ensure that birthing is a positive experience not a traumatic memory. As a midwife I have witnessed how these techniques lead to a calmer and therefore quicker birth with empowering results for the mother and all involved. The classes give birthing companions purpose and a role in the pregnancy/birthing experience as they learn the best way to support their partners and babies through this special time. It is noticeable that babies born to Hypnobirthing mothers are more calm and alert and breastfeeding initiation is smooth and prompt directly following their birth.
The course consists of 4 weekly sessions and are suitable from 16 weeks gestation however even women who start at 36+ weeks benefit greatly from the tools that hypnobirthing offers. Classes are small to allow for personal interaction and plenty of learning opportunity so book early.
- Identify the birthing muscles and learn how to work with them for optimal results
- Create a Birthing Plan to support your birthing choices
- Learn how to set up a birthing environment to support a positive outcome and what to pack or prepare
- Breathing techniques to aid relaxation to mother and improve oxygenation to the birthing muscles and baby
- Relaxation Methods
- Releasing limiting thoughts and anxiety release
- Optimal baby positioning for easier birthing
- Antenatal interaction and play with baby
- How to make informed decisions throughout pregnancy and birth
- Breast feeding advice
Call me on 07708446879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details